* How do you feel about joining a team nominated for the People and Culture Excellence Award by ILANZ?
* Join the Sustainability Revolution with a Market Leader in Resource Recovery and Environmental Best Practice (recently recognised as a Leader in Sustainability by Kantar)
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level lawyer who enjoys providing a variety of commercially focused legal, risk and compliance advice and services and making a difference to the operations of a Market Leader in Resource Recovery and Environmental Best Practice during a time of significant growth.
Reporting to the General Counsel and working alongside a team of experienced legal, compliance and communications professionals, you will be providing internal stakeholders and commercial colleagues sound legal advice and support on a wide range of growth initiatives, revenue generating opportunities, risks and challenges. This will include working on customer and supplier contracts, corporate governance, property, construction, acquisitions, staff relations and innovative transformation and technology projects.
The ideal candidate:
* Is a qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate and at least 3 years post admission experience working in a law firm or in an in-house legal role for a medium to large sized organisation.
* Has sound knowledge of NZ legislation and framework across multiple disciplines especially commercial contracts. Knowledge in the areas of property, construction, consumer and competition, and mergers and acquisitions would also be beneficial.
* Has strong communication and negotiation skills and confidence in working with a range of people at all levels within the organisation
* Has high attention to detail with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please click apply below and submit your CV, with a cover letter. Applications will close when the role is filled, we look forward to receiving yours!
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (including drugs test) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to EnviroNZ's satisfaction.
Applicants must also have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
EnviroNZ has a relentless commitment to preserve New Zealand's natural beauty and resources. Our rapidly expanding team of 1,200 people are continually finding innovative solutions to ensure we produce the best possible outcomes for both our customers and the environment.