We are looking to hire Junior/Intermediate Lawyers to start full-time over the September-October period.
Phoenix Law Ltd primarily specialises in litigation. We are involved in a diverse range of legal and policy issues in the following areas:
Treaty of Waitangi (including settlement negotiations), environmental law, commercial law, trust law, local government law, human rights issues, marine law, international law, family law, public and constitutional issues, and a range of other legal and policy issues.
- A passion for indigenous legal issues and development, and constitutional, public and international law;
- A commitment to human rights;
- An excellent work ethic and standard;
- A minimum average grade throughout your law degree of B+;
- Professionals completed; and
- Admitted to the Bar and holding a Practicing Certificate preferred, but not essential for the right person.
Your application should also address these questions:
- Are you legally entitled to work in New Zealand?
- Have you been admitted to the NZ bar?
- How many years' experience and what type of experience do you have as a lawyer?
- Do you have a full driver's license?
- Do you need to relocate for this role?
This is a great opportunity for any junior/intermediate lawyer interested in working within a great team culture and developing core thinking, writing and litigation skills at the outset of their career by being directly involved in a wide range of contemporary and leading-edge litigation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a copy of your academic transcript, CV and covering letter telling us about yourself and what you would bring to the role to the Practice Manager